April 6, 2011

Marina and the Diamonds ~ Oh No!

You are more authentic...the more you resemble what you've dreamed you are - Todo Sobre Mi Madre




I would like to say I "stumble upon" all of the music I showcase on this blog, but that would deny the method to my madness. Friends, coworkers, random strangers always recommend music to me. I like music. I remember some musicians. I have to have some musicians rammed down my throat (and boasted about from their die-hard fans) to fully appreciate their artistic talents sometimes. And all of this I like to refer to as "stumbling upon."

Over the next week, I'll be sharing the artists that have more rather than less been recommended to me by friends. As always, though, I won't share something unless I actually enjoy the musician (...or I'm making some tongue-in-cheek statement about them...). My mama always said, "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all!" I like that advice...

Mousy brown? Not too much. Earthy? Hmmm...she's touring with Katy Perry, so I doubt it. Soulful? Well, I felt what my soul needed from her music, and so it is on the blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment