May 14, 2011

Ingrid Michaelson - You and I

As entertaining as my spring has been, I like the idealism of this song, and still believe in falling in love...



....if only love could actually pay the bills!

"well you might be a bit confused
and you might be a little bit bruised
but baby how we spoon like no one else
so I will help you read those books
if you will soothe my worried looks
and we will put the lonesome on the shelf"

And then, when that happens, love will produce more wealth than necessary. So:

let's get rich and give everybody nice sweaters

then, with the stamping feet, clapping hands and lack of strings:


"oh, lets get rich and buy our parents homes in the south of France
let's get rich and give everybody nice sweaters
and teach them how to dance
let's get rich and build our house on a mountain
making everybody look like ants
from way up there you and I, you and I, you and I"

This is a sweet song...by a sweet songstress. I like it! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment