November 29, 2010

Library Voices - Drinking Games



I love songs that gradually build on themselves, and this one is a great example of that beauty!

I first heard Library Voices - really HEARD them (on the radio) - last winter. I remember the moment exactly, which says a lot for the band. It wasn't until a month later, sorting through a bunch of music I had received from my music friend that I realized that I had actually had them on my computer for ten months already! I had no idea they were from Regina, though!

I'll admit it, too, that I appreciate music more based on where the band is from. Don't get me wrong, I think Library Voices is great even if they weren't from my home province, but because they're from Saskatchewan, I will discuss them more than if they were from Nevada, or some place else I've never lived and probably never will ;-)

I'm loyal. More to a place than even myself.

Another artist from Regina died last night, at the age of 84. (You'll be missed, Mr. Leslie Neilson, and surely, never forgotten.) It's only fitting, then, to welcome in a new generation from the squarest province of the best country to live. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment