November 9, 2010

Noah And The Whale - Blue Skies



Original Facebook Message:

It's not that difficult to make me smile...many artists have succeeded at that, myself included. It is difficult to make me smile - and cry - with the same song. Is it any surprise that this band succeeded?

They're English; their music video features a bicycle!; the first music video of theirs that I fell in love wit...h featured yellow predominantly; they sing about love; and did I mention that they're English - nice thing to be if you're not Canadian ;-)


I'm so happy to be sharing the videos now! :-D

I first heard "Five Years Time" by Noah and the Whale. If you like this song - or you like upbeat songs (as this is not an upbeat song) - you should check it out as well. It is filled with hope and admiration for not knowing what the future holds. I stumbled across it in my iPod when I needed it most...

Last week I ended a relationship that could be characterized by this song. I've felt like this song for almost a month now. One of my friends was shocked at how well I was taking everything when I last talked to her. To be fair, I was handling it much better at the time of our conversation than I had handled it the entire time I was contemplating the end of the relationship.

Last night my anger over the relationship faded away. My anger had kept me content with the thought of everything being over throughout most of the weekend! This morning I woke up with sparks of the feelings of this song ripping through my body and my mind. Luckily, I had a massage scheduled for the end of the morning. It helped me release a lot of emotion. Somehow, though, I was still called to Noah and The Whale today. It's part of the healing process, I know, and maybe I should have chosen Five Years Time, but that would not be an accurate depiction of who I am today. :-D

I've also been dealing with a lot of death this year. That's another reason for this video. I love the urn in it. I've recently come to realize that death is nothing to be afraid of, whether for us or for our loved ones. It is a splendid moment when we get to reunite with whatever it is that's out there that is bigger than us. This song hints towards those feelings as well.

Sorry to be so into my feelings today. It was a good day - filled with feelings! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment