February 5, 2011

Nellie McKay - Identity Theft



It's been awhile since I've posted some bluegrass, so I hope you enjoy!

Nellie McKay comes to me via a Regina Spektor mix created by YouTube...yeah, not that random, but a splendid discovery nonetheless! This is the second of two songs of hers that I heard this morning and fell in love with.

This song has the perfect combination of several things I love about music: fast speed; a good rhythm, that changes throughout the song; fab lyrics; and a political message. I've only begun to scratch the surface of Nelli McKay's work, but so far: me likey! I hope you do, too!

Click on the title of this post to go to her website, Nellie McKay, where you can buy her music, preview more songs, and learn more about how fabulous this bluegrass artist really is!

No comments:

Post a Comment