February 19, 2011

Singing in the Rain - Good Morning !!



I hate to post ANOTHER unavailable video, but this one is just so great.  View it on YouTube here.

This is my Saturday song...or at least, on Friday nights, I always think this is going to be my Saturday song. This morning, I was not at all that cheerful to be awake in the morning (Friday night, I may have been...), but alas, this song still had to be sung at some point today!

Singing in the Rain was the first musical I ever saw. I remember the extravagance of it all like it was last year, but it was more like seven years ago this winter! I went with a fellow appreciator of the arts, my dear friend Kira, and we sat in the front row of Vancouver's Stanley theatre. The special effects were the best part - we caught a few splashes from the dance moves when they were singing in the rain. It was a delightful experience!

I kept the poster from this show as a reminder of that first year in the big city. When I hear this song, talk about musicals, or even just see a bright yellow raincoat, I am taken back to that time. It was a really good year...

Once again, there are lyrics along the bottom of the video, so you can sing along, learn the words, and serenade me the next time you see me on a Saturday morning (or Friday night)!

No comments:

Post a Comment