March 1, 2011

MARCH MEAT OUT: MVP Boyz ~ She's a Vegan



If you're a vegan or vegetarian, or even just somebody who pays attention to our "cult" (j/k, we're not actually a cult), you probably already know about March Meat Out. If not, well, today is your lucky day, 'cause you get to find out more about it!

I know Oprah got many people interested in the "vegan-ish" lifestyle a little less than a month ago. She also brought attention to the "v"-word two years ago when she did Kathy Freston's month-long vegan detox diet. (I stress the detox part of it, because Oprah went further with her month-long diet than most everyday vegans - we can eat gluten!) You've all probably heard of Skinny Bitch, too. Well, that's all under the same premise: give up meat, for a month! You won't even miss it!

Nah, I'm joking. You'll probably miss it. It's the most addictive thing your doctor will advise you to consume! (I try to keep my disdain for western medicine off of my blogs, but I'll let that statement remain.) But in that one month, you'll save the lives of eight animals. You'll find this energy you never knew you had (it take much more energy to digest meat than it does vegetable protein)! You may even lose weight! (In seven years, I've shed forty pounds, have enough protein to donate plasma (blood) weekly, rarely get sick and have become five times more aware of how my body should feel.)

It's a challenge, I extend to you all, and I know a few of you will take that challenge! If you need motivation along the way, read my vegan blog at cheatingvegan.blogspot.com.  I'll be posting more frequently there this month, and responding to any of your queries!

Step One: Enjoy this Hilarious Music Video re: Sexy Vegan Girls. It's almost as good as the PETA commercial that was too racy to air during the Superbowl!

No comments:

Post a Comment