December 9, 2010

Video From Day Four: Danny Michel & The Camp Town Racers - Sweet Things



Oh, Danny Michel!

Day Four: This will be the best trip ever - saw Danny Michel first thing off the plane!!! So stoked! Already been a fabulous night! Thanks, ladies!

Expansion: Danny Michel was the first indie artist I saw live, and I fell in love with his life performance. Sadly, I did not fall for the recorded album of his that I bought there...it wasn't the same.
Luckily, perspectives change. :-D And his sound has only improved. You know how some artists are fabulous on their first album, but then it slowly declines. I've had this conversation with another music snob before, but in regards to BNL (an old fav of mine). With BNL, though, their music declined because they had so much success, the music snob argued. Same thing with Death Cab For Cutie.

And that, my dear friend, is the beauty of slow success!

Danny Michel is well known throughout the indie scene, but he is very indie. Even my best music friend did the whole, "Danny who?" when I talked about him. So, without huge success in his beginning, he's only gotten better. Now, though, I think he's ready for people to appreciate all his hard work. So, if you're still looking for the perfect gift for the music lover on your holiday list this year, consider Danny's work. And, if you're still thinking about what you should get me, ... he's coming to Edmonton in 2011, and I would love to have tickets to his show! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment