December 9, 2010

Hot Hot Heat - Bandages



You know, when I first heard Hot Hot Heat, I didn't care for that much. That was more my fault than theirs, as always happens when somebody doesn't appreciate an artist. Art is subjective, so don't hate the artist...just don't care for their artwork. Especially with these guys, as I just wasn't open to the punk-feel of their band when I first heard them. Now, I appreciate a good punk tune...like the Ramones...or this tune! :-D Back then, though, I didn't give them a fair chance. Tastes change. I love it when this song comes on my iPod...but I don't have any more of their songs anywhere that I listen to. Nor do I know much about this Canadian band, other than they are originally from Victoria but transplanted well into the Vancouver music scene just before I arrived there. Possibly, I wasn't ready for them then, but I am now...

Originally, I tried to post their video for Middle of Nowhere, but there was a posting problem. The video could not be available on my blog. Here's the link instead. I think it's a better video, but I like both songs equally. Enjoy!



If that doesn't work, copy and paste this into your browser:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcD3lsT0Ep0&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment