December 23, 2010

Day 98: Seal ~ Kiss From A Rose



Another song from the nineties...it's almost over.

The other night, I watched the film Definitely, Maybe. I love that film for many reasons. The first chronological reason is the opening scene. The narrator (main character) introduces himself and his life and then takes to the street with his iPod. As he finds the right song for his walk, he reveals something that I love about my life right now. Sometimes, we all need our own soundtrack. With iPods and personal mp3 players hanging from our ears eighty percent of the time, we get that. I love that my life has a soundtrack when I take to the streets myself...

I also love the flashbacks to the technology of the nineties in that film. In 1992, the main character is tossed a huge phone with a long antenna. "What's this?" he asks. "A cellular phone," is the response. Remember when those things were new? Now you can't find people without them, most of the time. All that has happened in such a short period of time. It's crazy!

I remember this song coming out. I remember Seal. He was one of the softer singers of the decade - fabulous! He's made a comeback this last decade, but not to the same extent as before. Music has changed...but he's still a great artist, and this is such a sweet song... Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment