January 11, 2011

Meaghan Smith - Heartbroken



I had a request to play "All the Saints" today...but, alas, Meaghan Smith grabbed my heart so much, that I had to chose this song instead...awn...another day for the Saints ;-)

From London, Ontario, Miss Smith is an absolute delight to listen to. This may shock you, dear reader, but I have to admit that I am self conscious about singing. I love music so much, though, that sometimes I blissfully forget about what I have been told is an off-key voice and just let it out! (That was one of the reasons "All the Saints" was requested for today ;-D) Luckily, I live alone and use my time around the home to sing along to the radio, like last night. This song by Miss Smith came on and I couldn't help myself: top of my lungs, I began singing along!

After reading the bio on her website, I am not surprised that I find myself able to sing along to her songs easily. She, too, is unable to read music (the sole reason I tell people I can play a cd player, but that's about it;-D). All sisters, another similarity, and an attempt at piano lesons, but that's where the similarities end. Oh, except for the Canada thing, but well, that nearly goes without saying ;-D. Alas, her parents were musicians, so it would be easy to blame her abilities on genetics. It doesn't really matter, though - she is phenomenal, regardless of how I can relate to her...

With two drops Jill Barber and a spoonful of Kate Nash, I nominate Meaghan Smith as one of my new fav artists! I just know she's make a great addition to the feast of music I'm gobbling up this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment