January 28, 2011

More Music For My Workout

Despite having a morning free to do a little bit of resting, my routine - or that which involved water - had to be finished before nine this morning, and so I was out of bed at the normal way-too-early time. This was not all bad, however, as I was able to catch CBC Radio Two's Workout Playlist! Now, it just happens to be a coincidence that I was in need of a new workout mix for myself yesterday - I've been in need for the last ten days or so - and then CBC had theirs on the day after I posted some new songs I've added to my iPod...but today's list is def inspired by CBC! Click on the title above to check out CBC R2's playlist for yourself! It's definitely worth a listen of its own.



This is not the Wavin' Flag I jam to on my iPod while working up a sweat, but it's a pretty sweet version, nonetheless!



Who doesn't love the Stones?

Now, I'm sweating on the treadmill these days, but I can see this tune getting me pumped on the eliptical, or my favourite non-treadmill machine - the arc trainer. The arc trainer is a bit difficult to explain...some people also refer to it as the gazelle, I think. I like to think of it as the arm-less eliptical that gets my glutes in gear! This song maintains the momentum required for doing just that!



This one was the top requested song for the CBC Radio Two playlist! It may not have been my first time hearing it, but I've definitely not heard a lot of it before... I like it! Definitely worth adding to my list!



And then...well...I've been listening to some Sirius satellite radio lately. Specifically, I've been belting out tunes from the 80s and 90s! It's been a splendid trip down nostalgia alley.

How can you not break out into interpretitive dance while listening to this song? Or belt it out - maybe under your breathe at the gym - for everybody to hear? I always have, and always will love the Divinyls! Fabulous!



And what workout doesn't require a little bit of spice?

Hope you're enjoying the workout mixes...I'm still working on my PERFECT WORKOUT mix...probably have it working by Monday. Anything else I should add?

No comments:

Post a Comment