January 27, 2011

Some New Workout Songs I'm Testing Out...



I heard this song, not even on purpose, three times today. It was the first on my way to work...it shuffled onto my workout list...and then it randomly appeared on the 90s on 9 channel in my mom's truck. It's definitely a sign that I need to have just ONE more day of anger. However, of all the versions I heard today, none of them were as peaceful as this elegant performance by Alanis here.

That being said, feel free to crank it up, belt it out and sing along to EVERY word - even the ones the bleep out!



And then...well, who can't resist at least a little bopping to what will.i.am puts down, even as Moto Moto. I feel bad for the man watching me get off the lrt this morning, 'cause he couldn't hear the beat I was grooving so much to...Then, later that morning, it made an EXCELLENT warm-up song on the treadmill - I can get a good rhythm going with this at 4.6. Nice warm-up speed for me right now - highest it's been all month!



On the same album, who couldn't resist being "physically, physically, physically round..." and then "shake up the ground.... ants in my pants"
As goes my saying for the week, GEEZ, I can't sit still with a little will.i.am in my ear....even the chair-dancing while I write this is contagious.... Day-um, as my BFF would say...



And then, you're a bit tired...so you need a rest? Okay. Take the first thirty seconds of this song to do that...maybe walk at an incline at a lower speed (that's how I roll the treadmill, these days, anyways). Suddenly, though, you'll be unstoppable. You'll catch the beat. You'll need to let it out. Maybe you need to get up RIGHT NOW and have an amazing dance party in front of your computer...just you, me, and a little Vampire Weekend...wouldn't be the first time...



And, then, just because you haven't gotten all that ANGER out of your system - here's some heavy metal. That's right, folks...mayhaps the first and ONLY time you find some heavyness on this blog...and only 'cause it was recommended by a dear friend of mine, and I do find the beat good for a nice pace to keep. Thanks, DeeDee!

There you go - five new songs added to my iPod for the most bestest workout tunes EVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment